Thursday, June 24, 2010

King Gillette Oak

Sunlit Oak
Oil on canvas, 10" X 8"
available, contact: bobbi@bobbibina.com

I've been doing a fair amount of plein air painting in oil recently. This was painted several weeks ago at the King Gillette Ranch. Central California is a great inspiration for this land locked, mid-west born painter. I'm drawn to the coastal areas in particular but living in Valencia and about an hours drive from the coast, I am getting more practice inland. That's not exactly a hardship as the variety and beauty between here and the ocean is phenomenal! I am still finding my way with oil and landscapes but have had some breakthroughs due to watching others with such great skill and just plain "sticking with it" at times. This is one of my earlier attempts. I'll post a few more in the next days.

No comments: